Friday, November 22, 2013

THANKGIVING

THANKSGIVING

Thanksgiving to me means to give thanks for what I have. To be thankful to my parents and of course god. Get together with my family and friends and have dinner . You shouldn't always just be thankful on thanksgiving,it should be an everyday thing. Thanksgiving is the exciting because you can talk to your family tell them why your thankful,if you don't tell them everyday.
On Thanksgiving my family usually get together at my moms house. My brother and sister come over and sometimes spend the night. In the morning we go to the annual soccer game they do at my moms job. Which is  all the Souplantations meet at a park and they compete until they get a winner. After that we go home and start the cooking,my mom usually makes tamales and ham, and the turkey,my older sister makes a fruit salad and chicken because her kids don't like turkey, and my brother brings all the beverages,mash potatoes,and a couple of side dishes. Since I don't do anything like buy or make I help. like around 8pm everyone starts coming and once everyone gets there we start eating and stuff our faces.
Now that I have my own family I do things a little different. I help at my house and than take my son to grandmas(in law) house,they do Thanksgiving on friday because the oldest sister doesn't have time to come down on Thanksgiving day. So after a while we go home and enjoy my families dinner. The next we go over to my in law and spend the whole day there since they don't get to see julian as much because most holidays we spend with my family. And thats how I spend my thanksgiving. The rest of the days I just chill with my little family and we watch movies or do some shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment